|Courtesy : www.spca.org.my|
|Courtesy : www.spca.org.my|
Sebenarnya saya nak share salah satu daripada organization yang menjaga binatang terbiar kat KL ni.SPCA.
Terletak kat Ampang Jaya.Kesian kan bila kita tengok anjing atau kucing terbiar kat tepi-tepi jalan.Tak cukup makan..Tak de tempat berteduh...ishh..malas nak explain lagi..rasa nak nangis pulak.So NGO macam ni yang menjaga binatang-binatang terbiar ni.Tapi masalah orang Malaysia ni ( Tak semua ok) kadang-kadang tak der perikemanusiaan langsung.Sepak terajang anjing ngan kucing.Tak berdosa pon mereka ni...So kepada animal lovers,jom support NGO macam ni.Satu masalah NGO macam ni,mereka kurang mendapat peruntukan atau donation daripada orang ramai.Sebab kita ni kurang pendedahan macam negara luar yang lain..
Selain dari donation...kita boleh jugak adopt dan jadi volunteer utk NGO ni..Best kan?
Ini procedure macam mana korang boleh adopt kucing @ anjing yang comel-comel ni
(source :www.spca.org.my )
Thinking of adopting a pet? Ask yourself the following questions:
Why do you want a pet?It's amazing how many people fail to ask themselves this simple question before they get a pet. Adopting a pet just because it's "the thing to do" or because the kids have been pining for a puppy usually ends up being a big mistake. Don't forget that pets may be with you for 10-15 years.
Do you have time for a pet?Dogs, cats, and other animal companions cannot be ignored just because you're tired or busy. They require food, water, exercise, care, and companionship every day of every year. Adding a companion animal to the family is a big responsibility. Before adopting, consider the time, money and effort involved. Are you able and prepared to pay for a balanced diet, vaccinations, veterinary treatment or emergency care? Many animals in the shelter are there because their owners didn't realize how much time it took to care for them.
Can you have a pet where you live?Many apartments/ condominiums don't allow pets, and most of the rest have restrictions as to the type and size of pet. Make sure you know what they are before you bring a companion animal home
Is it a good time for you to adopt a pet?If you have kids under six years old, for instance, you might consider waiting a few years before you adopt a companion. Pet ownership requires children who are mature enough to be responsible. If you're a student, in the military, or travel frequently as part of your work, it is best to wait until you settle down before getting a pet.
Will you be a responsible pet owner?Having your pet neutered, obeying community leash and licensing laws, and keeping identification tags on your pets are all part of being a responsible owner. Of course, giving your pet love, companionship, exercise, a healthy diet, and regular veterinary care are other essentials.
Finally, are you prepared to keep and care for the pet for his or her entire lifetime?When you adopt a pet, you are making a commitment to care for the animal for his or her lifetime.
Get an Animal for LifeYes, it's a long list of questions. But a quick stroll through an animal shelter will help you understand why answering them before you adopt is so important.
- Visit the SPCA Animal Shelter in Ampang Jaya and see the variety of animals available.
- You will be briefly interviewed by the SPCA staff to find out more about your experience with animals, residence & housing arrangements for the animal.
- Choose a pet suitable for your family, lifestyle and living environment.
- Enquire about the adoption fee and conditions for adopting the animal
- Fill in the adoption form at the Front Desk, make the donation and take your pet home.
- For puppy and dog adopters, following the adoption an SPCA Animal Inspector will pay a friendly visit to your residence in the next few weeks to see how your new pet is settling in.
- No animal can be reserved over the telephone or via email.
- SPCA Selangor reserves the right not to approve an adoption.
- SPCA Selangor may need to check the premises of the potential adopter before giving approval.
- Adoption of an SPCA animal cannot be processed for anyone who is below the age of 18, or students who are not residing with their parents.
- Adoption fees range from RM70 above for cats, and RM150 above for dogs.
- The adoption fee is inclusive of one vaccination, one de-worming and the neutering operation.
- It is SPCA’s policy to neuter all the animals that pass through our doors to help curb the overpopulation problem. If your animal is under the age of 6 months, you will be briefed on when to bring him or her back for the operation.
Kalau tak mampu untuk adopt @ donation tapi still nak hang around dengan binatang yang comel-comel ni..Korang boleh jugak jadi volunteer.Saya pon nak register untuk jadi volunteer.Boleh isi masa lapang dan jaga kucing-kucing terbiar..bestnye!!!Macam ni cara-caranya untuk jadi volunteer: (source : www.spca.org.my )
Volunteering @ The Animal Shelter
There are many volunteer duties at the animal shelter - these include the morning sessions of kennel cleaning, helping to prepare and serve meals to the animals, kennel guides (assisting the public when choosing an animal), socializing the animals, and general housekeeping duties. Experienced dog handlers may also assist with walking the dogs, bathing and grooming them.
Volunteer work starts at 9am everyday, up to 4pm. Individuals and smaller groups of up to 5 people can drop by for volunteer work anytime, however we require bigger groups to inform us of their intended visit beforehand (for easier coordination, maximum group size is 15 pax). Please call Ms Chelvy at 42565312/ 42535179 to book your visit, or send us an e-mail at email@example.com.
Volunteers under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent, teacher or guardian above 18 years of age.
Dress Code & Precious Belongings
All volunteers are urged to dress appropriately, and bring a spare change of clothes as there is a high chance of getting your clothes wet or soiled while at the shelter! Cotton t-shirts with shorts/ long pants are recommended, as well as covered rubber shoes. SPCA will provide a room or locker for volunteers to store their belongings temporarily, but please keep your valuables e.g. wallets, cameras, handphones on you at all times. A waistpouch is convenient for this purpose!
Health & Safety
Please bring your own gloves, face masks or aprons. We also advice you to practice extreme caution when handling the shelter animals, as some of them may be unsocialized or ill. If at any point you are unsure of an animal, please approach one of the kennel staff for assistance.
Please also wash your hands between handling animals, to prevent the spread of contagious diseases. It is strongly advisable to also disinfect yourself and change your clothes before handling your own pets at home, after a visit to the shelter.
Volunteering @ The Marketing & Communications Dept
If you are experienced and interested in helping in the MarComm Department, you can assist us with the following:
- Media liaison - press releases, finding new opportunities for SPCA through media, etc
- Marketing materials - creating new materials or upgrading old flyers, posters, etc
- Merchandise - design, sourcing, surveys & research, stock count, etc
- Education - conducting educational sessions for students, conducting tours of the shelter, etc, assisting with creation of new Education Packs
- Photography - For updating online adoption galleries. Taking photos of animals for adoption, getting details and uploading to SPCA website, Facebook, and several other websites
- Database management - help update SPCAs database of emails
- Campaigns - Propose and help to carry out campaigns e.g. Dog Bite Prevention for schoolchildren, Anti Dog/ Cat Meat consumption, etc
Volunteering @ Outreach Events
SPCA Selangor organizes many events, and is frequently invited to participate in pet events, school fairs and family events. We always need volunteers to help us with setting up the booths, merchandise sales, adoption counseling, petitioning and distribution of educational materials.
We do not have a formal internship program, but may be able to tailor-make one for you! If you are interested in interning with SPCA Selangor for 4 weeks up to several months, please do send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.